The Prelisting Packet
The focus of the prelisting packet should be to establish your credibility—not to sell. Your prelisting packet should include:
- Cover letter (remind prospects when you'll arrive and how to contact you)
- Outline of your skills
- Personal marketing brochure
- Brief bios of your team members
- Testimonials from past clients (if you have at least one client under your belt)
- A property disclosure for the sellers to complete
The Listing Packet
Regardless of whether or not you compete for a listing, you should have a strong listing packet to provide to all potential sellers. At a minimum, your listing packet should include:
- Comparable market analysis, along with your analysis of the property
- Your bio, emphasizing your competency
- Detailed marketing plan for the home
- Explanation of the services you'll provide for your commission
- Agency disclosure form
- Listing agreement, ready to be signed except for the price and the terms
You also may want to add information about your company, your Web site, and other services that may be available through your company. Talk to other sales associates in your office or your broker about other materials you can add to your listing packet.
The following titles are available for check out to members of the Association. To enjoy eBooks, first download the free software here. Then, use your NRDS member number to checkout and download eBooks. Need help finding your NRDS number?
The Library also has many eBooks and audiobooks on sales and marketing which REALTORS® can check out for free from the comfort of their home or office.
- 1001 Business Letters for All Occasions (EPUB, Kindle)
- AMA Handbook of Business Letters (EPUB, Kindle)
- Business Letters & Emails Made Easy (EPUB, Kindle)
- Ready-Made Employment Contracts, Letters & Forms (EPUB, Kindle)
- The Ultimate Sales Letter (EPUB, Kindle)
- Business Letter Handbook (EPUB, Kindle)
- Webster's New World Letter Writing Handbook (EPUB, Kindle)
- The Encyclopedia of Business Letters, Faxes, and E-mail (EPUB, Kindle)
- Send or Don't Send (OverDrive Audiobook)
- Sales & Pitch Letters for Busy People (Adobe PDF)
- The Executive Guide to E-mail Correspondence (Adobe PDF)
Need more templates?Power Real Estate Emails & Letters by William H. Pivar is also available to purchase for $29.95 from the REALTOR® Store.